Our latest newsletter is ready to view, with news and pictures from the plant swap, the Harvest Moon Watch, and the Sunflower Challenge.
There are also details of our free October photography competition and Burbage Yarnbomb Project, our improved website and the accounts for September.
Download the newsletter from http://freestyleburbage.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/newsletter-20150930a.pdf
If you would like to receive our newsletter by email every month please email email@example.com
I hope to start producing the newsletter in other languages this month, and I would like to hear from anyone who would be willing to translate it into Polish or other languages.
Freestyle Burbage is a celebration of our community and our creative spirit through ‘freestyle’ events like exhibitions, performances, displays, demonstrations, walks, talks and group activities.
For us, ‘freestyle’ is any artistic, creative or sporting activity where the participants are free to choose the techniques, style, medium or form they use.
As well as the strictly freestyle, Freestyle Burbage embraces activities and events which take place in Burbage and encourage a high level of participation and an exuberant celebration of the creative spirit.
Our principles and values
- 100% accessibility for some or all activities
- taking place across the whole parish of Burbage in Leicesterhire
- not associated with any political or religious views
Features of Freestyle Burbage
- low cost
- high participation
- minimal hierarchy / formal organisation / committee etc
- low “professional” involvement
- minimal “official” involvement (such as police, highways or council)
- zero grant funding
- sponsorship / backing via crowdfunding (or direct support such as services, venues etc)
- ideas via crowdsourcing, using “creative commons” licences so anybody can turn them into events